Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sightseeing in Sydney in 1 Night

I have been to Australia before, and the lasting impression it had on me was that aside from the bikini factory outlets, and the beach, and the theme parks, all of which we enjoyed the most in Gold Coast, it was basically one BIG zoo. Hahahaha.

On this trip, I stayed a total of three nights in the city. My to do list consisted of seeing the Sydney Opera House, the Harbour Bridge, and I also wanted to do a ferry ride to Manly Beach from Circular Quay, since I remember visiting it at night eight years ago with my friend JJEB (also mentioned in my post on QVB which you can read here) and my best friend Jem... I told myself then that it was a place I wanted to visit if I found myself in Sydney again.

Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House from McMahons Point
I conned my friend to take the ferry back with me from Luna Park Wharf
Note to Tala: You need to bring Luna Lakwatsera here!
View of the Sydney Opera House from the ferry
View of the CBD from the ferry 
I love riding on the ferry so much...
...that I dragged my friend to do the ferry ride to Manly with me on the same day!

We had to wait for the next ferry so I bought some Fish  & Chips to snack on
It was the best Fish & Chips I've ever had!
or I didn't realize how hungry I was
I was so impatient (nothing new there) that I was eating it even before we boarded
Pami snacked on a double scoop of gelato
Harbor Bridge from the ferry at night
On the ferry, with the Harbor Bridge in the background 
With Pami and the Harbour Bridge
Picnicking on our Fish & Chips
At Manly Wharf where we almost forgot to get down
With Pami at Manly Wharf
We walked on the Corso to get to Manly Beach
The wind was so strong I was blown away... almost literally
Manly Beach at night
It was nice to just sit on the steps, enjoy the breeze and the sound of the sea
I wonder if I'll ever see Manly during the day
We grabbed coffee while waiting for the next ferry back
It comes with free Max Brenner chocolate
Enjoying the ferry ride back to the city
The Sydney Opera House after the sun has set
Photo Credit: Pamela Tan
Thoroughly enjoying the view
Posing for the camera
Pami and me with a sliver of the Opera House behind us
We also saw Townhall on George Street, on the walk back to the hotel. 

and we did all that in one night. So I packed my bags and it was back to my Aunt's home Ropes Crossing for me where I have lived happily ever after... until I leave tomorrow. Hahaha... Just Saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment