Sunday, March 18, 2012

Vietnamese Food Heaven in Sydney

My aunt and my friend know that I love eating and I love good food, so when they were telling me about Cabramatta, the Vietnamese equivalent of Chinatown, I told them I would love to go there. Pami, my friend, was also telling me that whenever she went there, she always ended up buying so much stuff from the many two dollar shops (the equivalent of a discount mom & pop with stock similar to what is sold in 168) in the area, so that whet my excitement even more.

It looks like any other Chinatown, but everyone there was Vietnamese!
Of course, I need a souvenir shot.
Tita Tess will not miss me when I leave because Pami's just a phone call away.
There's also Lucky Plaza here!!! Hahaha...
There's a central square area where people can hang out.
The vendors just sell their homemade delicacies on the street.
So that's what they do when their children grow up... Hahaha.
The main street is lined with restaurants, two dollar shops and vendors selling homegrown veggies.
My loot for Fif from the two dollar store.
Wooden Art Box with brushes, watercolor tubes and sketch pad in a wooden box  AU$6 (SG$8 or  Php273)
Winnie the Pooh Colored Pencils 18 pcs AU$0.95 (SG$1.30 or Php45)
Shop with Caution. But only if you have access to 168!
The stock is very much like the 168 stuff.
Mini Books  with stickers AU$5 (in 168 it's less than AU$1)
There are a lot of fruit stalls... but unlike the Mercato in Brazil, tasting is NOT encouraged.
Weird.
There were more people buying from the makeshift stalls.
I used to like this candy.
Buti pa ang candy stall, may free taste. Hahaha.
There are also a lot of flowers and plant stores.
Chili plants.
They're cheaper if you buy them from the non-permanent stalls.
One of the statues, with the busy street in the background.
Walking to find a restaurant recommended by Pami's friend.
It was described as the restaurant beside the pub near the train station.
The place is just small, but the tables were all full, and we were the only non-Vietnamese customers in the place.
This painting caught my eye as we were waiting for our food.
Spring Rolls to start with.
They normally serve it with Vermicelli but you can ask them not to.
I was so happy with my Beef Pho.
It really hit the spot and it was really comfort food with the chilly weather.
Pho is only complete with bean sprouts, mint and lemon.
Bon Appetit!

I purposely did not order any drink with lunch because I wanted to drink Iced Vietnamese Coffee at a Cafe we saw that looked very popular.

The iced coffee here was so good and they claim to have free wifi too.

My To Do List for the Cabramatta food trip was fully satisfied:
Beef Pho - check!
Spring Rolls - check!
Vietnamese Coffee - check!
Shop from two dollar stores - check!

Huong Xua Restaurant
180 Cabramatta Rd
CABRAMATTA, NSW, 2166

Cafe Nho
Shop 7, Belvedere Arcade 
66 John St. 
CABRAMATTA NSW 2166

No comments:

Post a Comment