Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Taste of Seoul

It's my first time to visit Seoul and I like it. It reminds me a bit of Japan and a bit of China as well, but despite that, there's something distinctly Korean about it. Since I am only here for a week, for work again so our days are fully packed with back to back to back meetings, we planned our flight to arrive at 6am so we could have the full day of Sunday to explore. While in theory this is a good plan, the hotel did not have rooms available for us when we checked-in so we were forced to go sightseeing directly post a 7 hour overnight flight. We were actually able to see soooo much, except that I feel like a Zombie AGAIN!!!

Here's a teaser of our day, with the details to follow, once I've caught enough ZZZzzzzz's!

We visited NOT only one...
NOT only two...
but THREE palaces!!! and they all looked the same. Hahaha.
When we arrived at the airport, I was decked out in my marshmallow jacket and UGG-like boots,
but it was deceptively sunny so I changed into tights and my mini skirt. BIG MISTAKE.
The wind was so strong I was freezing!!!
We stuffed our faces with all the interesting looking street food...
because we were dying of hunger from palace overload!
We finally found a nice cozy restaurant with a mainly local clientele.
It was the best Bulgogi I ever had.
I didn't even realize that I love Korean food.
We attempted to go shopping in the traditional street market with antique and souvenir stores.
Not my cup of tea.
We also went to the day market, but it was a cross between  Greenhills and Pratuman (not in a good way)
We found a Daiso Store and loads of seaweed wholesalers.
The sad part is that's the bulk of my shopping. Boooo.
The only non edible things I bought were these.
Not even SG$5 combined.
Good think my hand made clay magnets look really nice.

That's all folks. I will include the names of the palaces and the markets when I do my detailed posts. I am too brain dead now to be coherent. Just Saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment