Tuesday, March 6, 2012

SG Snacks: My Fave Food to Eat on the Go

SINGAPORE SERIES

I love Junk Food. and I really love the Junk Food in Singapore.

When Sofia and Yaya are not here, I either don't eat because I'd rather not clean up after myself, or I subsist primarily on junk food.

I love the Japanese Food Court in Takashimaya Basement 2.

I love the Tako Pachi stand that sells Takoyaki (Japanese Octopus Balls)
Just like in Japan, they make it right in front of you.
It tastes best when they serve it freshly cooked.
Just be careful because it can really burn your tongue if you stick the whole thing in your mouth.
and that's from experience :p
My favorite flavor is Bacon and Cheese (not easily found in Japan)
Super yumm with a generous squirt of Japanese Kewpie Mayonnaise
Because eating one order of Tako Pachi is not enough, I go to Tori Q for my meat fix.
The barbeque is always perfectly done because the cooking is regulated by this machine where the bbq sticks do one round.
Then it's grilled a little bit more...
My favorite orders are Chicken, Chicken Balls, Pork and anything with Bacon.
Each stick is just a little over SG$1 (Php34).
They also have set meals where you can get  three or four sticks with rice for around SG$5 (Php170).
Doesn't the Chicken Skin look really tempting?

Takashimaya is in Ngee Ann City on Orchard Road.
The Japanese Food Court is in Basement 2 of the Takashimaya Department Store, near Cold Storage.

When I give myself an OK-to-eat-carb-pass, I also like snacking on Bread Talk.

I like ordering their Floss Bread. SG$1.50 (Php50).
Can you say hoarder much? Hahaha. We also buy this for Fif to bring home to her grandparents,
because Bread Talk from Singapore tastes so much better than Bread Talk in Manila.

My other favorite Meal on the Go combination is from Basement 3 of 313@somerset.

Shilin Taiwan Street Snack

XXL Crispy Chicken, inside the paper bag at the back of the picture. SG$3.80 (Php 135)
Tim introduced me to the Handmade Oyster Mee Sua which is also good (cost is around the same).
They put vinegar or chili sauce to taste, which you can tell them not to put.
Photo credit: timothy see
Shilin Taiwan Street Snack is an international chain with other branches around Singapore, and in Malaysia and Indonesia.  When I don't order the Handmade Oyseter Mee Sua from Shilin, I normally just get a drink from Each A Cup also in the Basement 3 Food Court of 313@somerset (but they also have a lot of branches around Singapore and I've seen branches in Malaysia too).

each a cup Funan branch
Classic Milk Tea with pearl ranges from SG$2 (Php70) to a little bit more
(normally less than SG$3) depending on the branch location.

313@somerset is also on Orchard Road. You can access it through Orchard Road or Somerset Road. It is also connected to the Somerset MRT station.

This post has made me hungry. I need to go our for some snacks now!  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment