Monday, March 12, 2012

Outlet Shopping in Sydney at DFO Homebush

I love Shopping... and I really, really love Outlet Shopping!!!

When I was planning to stay over at my aunt's for the weekend, the only thing I asked her was to take me somewhere I've never been... so we went to Hunter Valley, and I asked her to take me to the Outlet shops. I actually considered flying to the Gold Coast for the weekend, but the only reason I wanted to go there was so I could go to the outlet of Billabong and Roxy which my best friend and I found in the middle of nowhere, thanks to the tip of her Uncle's friend (Shit Paul Guy) who we met in New Zealand. It was such a find 8 years ago that I think we bought at least 10 pairs of bikinis each (half of our bikini haul... hahaha. hoarders much) but I did the math and figured out that I would need to buy more than 10 pairs this time if I wanted to cover the cost of my ticket from my bikini savings.

My aunt took me to DFO Homebush which was around 20minutes away from where she lived.


 It was heaven for me! The first store we entered was the Coach Factory Outlet and they had a special sale of an additional 20% off all the marked prices. I was probably suffering from no shopping at all since I arrived so there were many things that looked "ok enough to buy". I either thought they were cheap, so I could find a way to use it, or it was nice enough and not that expensive so I could probably buy it and find some use for it sometimes. I was definitely desperate to shop that I would grab any excuse to buy something... or a lot of things as the case may be. So since I am really lusting after my new Gucci Bag, which you can check out here, I decided to act mature, and walk out of Coach without buying anything. I told myself, it's the store closest to the parking, so I will come back after looking through the rest of the mall. It was a good decision because I ended up buying only one leather wristlet in nude. It was really the one I wanted. It was already on sale for AUD75 but with the additional discount, it came out to AUD60 only.

The next store I entered was my absolute favorite.
The great thing about Seafolly is that their bikini tops have cup sizes that go until D-DD!
They also had an additional 50% discount off the marked price, but because I spotted the clearance racks, that's where I started first. I had such a good haul, there was no need to look at the rest of the store, but I did a quick glance through everything to make sure there wasn't anything I really wanted.

My Seafolly Loot!
 I love bikinis because I can fit into a range of 3 sizes as long as the cup size is right or there are strings to adjust the fit. Some are just skimpier that the others. Hahaha. I got everything for 55AUD (SG$73 or Php2,472). Seafolly is priced at around SG$200 or more for one bikini set in Singapore! This was such a steal that even when I saw the Billabong, Quicksilver, Roxy, and RipCurl outlets, I just went in for a quick look, but I decided I didn't want any more.




The other store I also enjoyed was JayJays. I remember it because the last time I went to Australia, it was because we were visiting my friend called Jay. I fondly call him Jay Jerrick Epping Boy.


Who can resist a cute string bikini on sale?
AUD25 AUD5 (SG$6.70 or Php225)

There were a lot of other nice shops, and all the shops were on sale, most of them had additional special offers. DFO also has four other locations in Australia. You can visit their website here for more information. The only downside was that I wasn't able to buy anything for Sofia. They do have some kids clothes, but since nice clothes are really cheap in the Philippines, I didn't see anything that tempted me. Also, I noticed that Cotton-On was much cheaper in the Cotton-On Factory Outlet in Singapore. Just Saying.

After we went through all the stores, we decided to go to Costco nearby to grab some lunch and to buy the cream puffs I really liked and ate so much of the other day at Hunter Valley. I wanted to be able to freeze them at my aunt's house, then pack them well so I could carry them back to Singapore because Sofia and my sister will love them.

I finished almost one whole ziplock bag of these Cream Puffs the day before.
They were soooooooooo good. and i was hungry. 

On our way into the store from the parking, almost all the carts we passed had this gigantic teddy bear in it! At first I said I was only willing to carry one home for Sofia if it was only AUD20. But because we saw so many people lugging the giant bear around I decided I was willing to carry one home for Sofia as long as it was reasonably priced... and it was!

This is the bear display! They don't just look big, they really are big.
Sofia's bear watching my 2 containers of cream puffs.

Sofia's 53inch bear was only 37AUD (SG$50 or Php1663). He's cheaper than a Build-A-Bear... but so much bigger! He needs to borrow clothes from Tita Marites because mine are too small. I was so glad we bought the bear. Mommy's happy, Sofia will be happy, it was the perfect day!!! Just Saying.

DFO Homebush 
3-5 Underwood Road Homebush NSW 2140

Costco Auburn 
17-21 Parramatta Rd
Lidcombe, NSW 2141
Phone: (02) 8756 4600
Email: auburn@costco.com.au

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I Love your blog! I'm visiting sydney soon too, and I've been researching on their DFO. You said that "I just went in for a quick look, but I decided I didn't want any more." Is it because the designs were too ugly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for following my blog :)
      As for your question above. I just said that in the context that I found/bought more pieces from Seafolly so in comparison, the sale in the other stores were not as attractive, but that was also because I was mainly just looking at bikinis.

      Delete