Saturday, November 29, 2014

Cafe Lidia, another great Hole in the Wall discovery in Marikina

Last weekend, we had an early lunch at Cafe Lidia, a hole in the wall place I've never heard of in Marikina, which was introduced to us by Man, one of my friends who were treating us to lunch to celebrate the birthdays of Chips and Man.
Thanks for the birthday treat and for our new hole in the wall discovery.

Due to our busy schedules, we met for early lunch on a Sunday (so in my mind, we were going for brunch).
That said, I was really excited to try their coffee especially when the
menu had pictures of latte art. I just ordered the normal cappuccino.
Their coffee was good enough not to need any sweetener,
so you could see the little piggy even after I finished my coffee.
Thanks so much Ninang Faith for buying Sofia's mini-
croissants :)
For lunch, Sofia had the Boneless Crispy Fried Chicken and it was so good.
I forgot to take a picture of my Salpicao, but Chipsy
ordered the same thing. The beef was tender, the serving
was generous, but it was a bit sweet.
I was able to take a picture of everyone else's food though.
I tried the Pizza and I thought it wasn't worth the calories, but I had it cold.
It must have been pretty good out of the oven because Tim ordered this
Pizza and finished it all by himself. Hahaha. just saying.
Tiana ordered the Waldorf salad and I was snacking on
the candied walnuts for dessert, but it had too much mayo.
Group picture before Man had to leave.
We missed you Kim, Frank and kids.
It was another matchy matchy kind of day for us.
Sof escaping to play with Viele after she ate her lunch.
Spot the difference. Ninang ng bayan with her two inaanaks.
I didn't realize we were staying at the same place for coffee,
but I couldn't order again because I already had my coffee fix.
They warn that the white mocha is sweet, and so is the hazelnut cappuccino,
so I found the normal cappuccino to be the best.
Coffee prices are quite reasonable.
The ambiance of Cafe Lidia has a sort of homey meshed with retro feel.
They have an inner garden where there's a pseudo wishing well.
Thanks Ninang Faith for the photos.
They also have a swing where we took some pics.
In the top one, everybody say "ASHI!!!" 

Thanks again Chipsy and Man for your birthday treat, in addition to that, we discovered another hole in the wall which has the potential to be a favorite. just saying.


If you decide to try Cafe Lidia, you may also want to visit our other favorite Marikina Foodie destinations. You can read my post on that here.


Cafe Lidia
64 Calderon Street 
Calumpang, Marikina

No comments:

Post a Comment