Friday, November 14, 2014

Casa Marikit for Authentic Italian Food in Lipa City, Batangas

I had to go to Lipa in Batangas a few weeks ago, to visit one of our warehouses, so imagine my surprise when an office friend told me that there's a really good restaurant near the warehouse were visiting. My first reaction really was, please don't tell me it's a Bulalo (Boiled Beef Soup with Bone Marrow) place with no aircon?! Now, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Bulalo places, especially the ones with no aircon, it's really not just my cup of tea - or should I say not my cup of soup, because when I was much younger, my dad would take me to Bulalo Places with No Aircon when we go to nearby provinces like Batangas - and he would say, the Bulalo here tastes so much better because they just have a huge vat of soup which is just constantly on the stove, and they just keep adding the meat (or that's what I imagined he meant) so the stock is really tasty. I was probably around Sofia's age by then, so my take out was - the soup is really tasty because it never gets changed... and I remember asking my dad "So you mean, it's totally possible to eat some 10 year old piece of meat swimming in that vat of tasty soup that just sits there forever? Thanks but no thanks!" So really, Bulalo places with No Aircon especially if it's known for really tasty soup has never been my restaurant of choice since then. Thanks Pa! 

Now, back to my story, my friend told me that it was an Italian place, and he didn't remember the name, so I was quite skeptical, but when I did a google search, there was an Italian place called Casa Marikit close to where we were going so we all agreed to have lunch there after our warehouse visit.  

I think it's possible to miss Casa Marikit if you're not looking
out for it. They only have this sign.
There are a few landmarks if you're looking for the place. It's across what looks like Driving Range, and it's right beside a Japanese Restaurant that also seems popular if I just go by the big cars you can see in their parking lot from the picture above.
When you enter, you'll see a spacious garden, and the restaurant itself.
BTW, Casa Marikit literally means Gorgeous House, and it looks that way.
Upon entering, you'll feel like you stepped into a hole in the wall
Trattoria in one of the side streets in Florence. 
Even from inside, you enjoy a nice view of the grounds and the neighboring
building, with has antiques for sale.
Excited for Lunch
They serve free pita bread with Salsa and Pate as starters. Yummy.
They were quite generous too, because we were a big group, and they put one in
 front of every 2 people. Since I was close to the end, I had one to myself! Haha.

We ordered a variety of things to share. Everything came in big servings.
Rucola Salad with Arugula, Gorgonzola, Pear, Walnuts and Tomatos
This was good, as long as you enjoy sharp flavors from the Arugula and Gorgonzola
which I do. 
Pomodoro Salad with Mozarella, Canned Button Mushrooms, Olives and
Tomatoes. Both come with Balsamic Dressing. I think this was more ordinary. 
The Margherita Pizza was thin crust, and cooked really well.
We also ordered the Meat Pizza (sorry forgot the name) and it was good too!
Especially when it just came out of the oven.
A surprise favorite was the Boneless Grilled Spring Chicken which we ordered
just to have more meat to go with the carbs. It was so tasty and tender!
Everyone's favorite dish was the Truffle Cream Pasta with Prosciutto.
If you come all the way to Lipa to eat here, make sure you order a lot of this!
We also tried their Seafood Pasta in Olive Oil and this one I really would not
recommend. It pales in comparison to all their other dishes.
Unfortunately, we were too full to have any dessert, so I am saving that to try for my next visit.
Even their toilet is nice!
After lunch, we just quickly looked at the other
building housing the antiques.
They have quite a big space, but I'm also not an antiques fan.
You can bring me to Ikea any day. Hahaha.
They have a lot of old Wine Barrels for sale.
There is also a very big space at the back which they use for functions.
Bye Casa Marikit!

That was really a good lunch! Their prices are also quite reasonable given the quality of the food and the serving sizes. I will definitely come back and eat here again if I find myself in the area. Now I need to research to see if this is on the way to my beach lot. just saying.


Casa Marikit Ristorante Italiano
Banay-Banay, Concepcion 
Lipa City, Batangas 
Phone:(043) 312 0454

No comments:

Post a Comment