Thursday, July 5, 2012

Frizz Cambodian Cuisine

We were only in Phnom Penh for one dinner when we went for a weekend while we were in Vietnam, so we were very happy when my aunt's friend took us to her favorite place for local cuisine, Frizz.

The Specialty of Frizz is Fish Amok as seen on the menu cover.
It's a cozy open air restaurant in the Street 240 area.
Frog Amok anyone??? 
We love Coconut every where.
The Cambodian Coconuts are good too.
Fif and Mom.
With our very gracious host.
At first I was afraid the local dish would be some fishy thing I needed to try to be polite.
It turned out to be really good.
Not looking and tasting like fish is a definite plus in my books.
I loved the banana blossom salad that we ordered.
It's similar to the Thai and Vietnamese beef salad I wanna learn to make.
We also ordered a local khmer curry dish which was good too.
We ordered chicken kebabs for my picky daughter.
and some vegetable samosas.

I was so entertained when these kids came in hawking their goods.
The older boy had pirated books. (sadly no titles I wanted to read).
The little girl was so adorable.
She was selling shawls and scarves with a really high mark-up.
She drove a hard bargain and said I could only take her picture if I bought something.
Sofia picked out an overpriced scarf for herself and her favorite thin ninong.
The girl is only 7 but she's not much bigger than Sofia.
This was the dish I was looking forward to all night.
The local version of sticky rice and mango.
This is what picky daughter had for dinner.
Frizz also runs a cooking school.

If you find yourself in Phnom Penh, drop by Frizz to get a wonderful introduction to Khmer cuisine. It's yummy. Just Saying.

FRIZZ Cambodian Cuisine
#67 Street 240, Phnom Penh
T: +855 (0)23 - 220 953 / +855 (0)12 - 524 801
You can also visit their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment