Tuesday, July 24, 2012

MISSING: Sofia's Pooh

And now we interrupt this program for a public service announcement:

MISSING: 
Sofia's Winnie the Pooh (also known as Winnie the Moo) has not been seen since last Friday, 20th July. He was last seen holding Sofia and Mom's hand on the escalators of the Chinatown MRT and may have wandered off on his own while waiting for the bus in People's Park Bus Stop on Eu Tong Sen Street or may have been left behind on Bus 54.

Sofia loved Pooh. She couldn't sleep the night he went missing.
Ironically, this picture was taken while we were watching Annie,
and Pooh is now an orphan until he is found.

We have already filled out a form for Lost-and-Found Items on SBS buses, called the Lost-and-Found hotline and received an email from SBS saying they were unable to locate Pooh on Bus 54. If you come across Pooh in a cow costume (new ones included)... kindly drop me a comment so we can have him or someone who looks like him back.

Since I am not entirely sure whether I lost Pooh or Sofia did... I came up with a brilliant idea to get my daughter out of her "I feel really sorry for myself because Pooh is missing funk!". I decided to bribe her and teacher her a lesson at the same time.

I offered to bring her to Build-A-Bear so she could pick out a new baby, but I told her that if she wanted to bring ANY toy with her when we go out, it means she NEEDS to make sure that her toys go home with her too. 

Sofia picked Celebration Bear.
The last one in the store and it was on sale too.
After parking several outfits in the dressing room,
Sofia helped stuff her bear.
Testing the softness.
Choosing a heart.
Making a wish.
Sofia whispered to me she asked for skaters.
I can't figure out if she wants skaters for her or for the bear.
Washing and Brushing...
Following the checklist.
Trying on the outfits we picked out in the dressing room.
I wanted to get the scuba diving outfit.
Sofia wanted to get the over-alls so she could buy the shoes,
but it didn't really look like it went well together.
Goggles for learning to swim.
Last part is making the certificate...
It took forever to name the bear.
They even brought out a Bear-Naming-Book.

Sofia decided to call her bear Rainbow Pooh. She said she chose this bear because he was colorful and she loves rainbows. We decided to let him wear one of the soccer bears' extra shiirts from South Africa.

Rainbow's first trip out of the country was to go shopping in Johor.

This is Sofia's post because she wanted to blog about her teddy bear and also put a picture of Pooh because he is missing. Just Saying.

1 comment:

  1. I just love Rainbow Bear! Good choice, Sofi! I hope you get the scuba diving outfit too. So cute!

    ReplyDelete