Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A Glimpse of my New Life

When Sofia is sleepy or just plain cranky, she pretends to cry. I call her a drama queen then I proceed to ignore her till she stops. I guess she gets it from me. Pardon the dramatic title. Hahaha.

We have just come back from a few days in Manila in what officially was our Pre-Repatriation Visit. I've been feeling very bittersweet about leaving Singapore because I will really miss my expat-I need to travel because somebody's got to do it-life but at the same time it's time... time for Sofia to settle down and consistently go to school... time for me to see my daughter everyday and not just in between trips... it's just time.

Just like in the future... there will come a time when it's time for us to leave again... for Paris perhaps, if I can just get the universe to cooperate with what my heart desires out of sheer will. Hahaha. Or so I tell myself.

This was what I saw out of our window just before landing.
Sunset over the waters surrounding Manila.
A closer look. It's beautiful.

I have always been an optimist, glass half full, kind of person. I just think of this as a sign. Moving to a place where sunsets are beautiful can never be bad. It means my beach house is waiting for me to raise the money to build it. Hahahaha. I love challenges. Therefore, let me tell you now --- donations are welcome. In return, you will always be welcome to visit us. Hahahaha. Message me if you want my account number to make a deposit! I have never seen the view this nice when landing in Manila before so this surely is a sign.

On a more serious note, the three working days in Manila gave me a glimpse of the next chapter our life. While chasing the details of my next role, I also played mommy. I let Sofia go to school so she could get a feel of her new school as she says goodbye (it's her last month too) to her old school.

Sofia was so excited to go to her new school she was up at 6:00am on the first day!
She even sat down and had breakfast before we left.
That's a miracle.
This is me and my friend Vice (I copied the school from her!)
waiting for our kids to finish class.
Sofia and Viele after class.

We were even able to squeeze in a visit to the Salon.
Sofia had her haircut and temporary curls while I was getting a treatment.
Sofia loves getting her hair done.
She looks at herself in the mirror and smiles a lot.
Mini-me much.
We are so Hair Stylist loyal, Sofia refuses to allow anyone else to cut her hair. Being back in Manila will make getting hair cuts and treatments so much easier (not to mention cheaper too!).

I even signed up Sofia for a trial swimming class. Thanks Vice (since I copied with pride again!).
Waiting for the swimming coach to arrive.
Ninang Vice and the two kids.
The stage mommy under the umbrella kasi there was a slight drizzle.
The kids were practicing while the nannies watched.
Coach arrived na. Sofia and Lizzie were sharing one teacher.
Learning to do bubbles.
The other teacher was with Lauren and Viele.
Resting while waiting for her turn.
Yay! Off with the floaties. We're learning with a kick-board first.
More bubbles practice in between laps.
Trying to swim with a noodle.
Practicing bubbles together, but sometimes Sofia's head doesn't really go down.
Practicing with no tools... just coach.
Sort of diving for rings.
Singing london bridge while doing bubbles.
With Viele after swimming class.

We got to meet up with friends, both Sofia's and mine.
The early birds.
She has an excuse, you wouldn't think it, but she's eating for two!
The girls are finally complete.
Me and my friends naman.
Say Laundry!
We will try really really hard not too fight. Hahahaha.
The girls who stay up late.
Dinner with my High School friends and our families.

We also were able to spend time with family.

Dinner at my aunt's new flat.
They combined two flats at Greenbelt Residences and they have a loft with a glass floor.
I took this picture from the second floor through the glass.
My aunt took our picture from her position on the table.
Photo Credit: Stella Schapero
I have the most adorable godson.
His parents were happy to pass him on to doting relatives.
I swear they were snoring.
Favorite Ninang gets to entertain the two kids.
The cutest totem pole.
Auntie Stella gave us a lot of old pictures from when we were kids. All of ours got destroyed in the flood in 2010, which is actually good for all my fat-pictures. Hahahaha.
Timmy, What happened to you?
I am pretending we never found my fat pictures.
So maybe Sofia (sometimes) took after my sister...
She's the original Sungit (moody) queen.
Thanks for having us over, all our old pics and Sofia's books from Jacob, Auntie Stell!

I also managed to drag my family to satisfy my Brothers Burgers craving. Hahaha. 
Thanks for dinner Pa!
My standard order is a half pound burger (too share!!!)
Hot bites (chicken) too share and french fries (not in pic).
Their giant chewy chocolate chip cookies are also good.

Life in Manila is always hectic. You spend most of it in traffic and running after your next engagement. But I guess, with family, friends, your hair stylist, a driver (even if you need to teach him all the roads!) and a blackberry (yes!!! I am finally getting myself one - the cheapest one! Hahaha). Life can't be too bad. Just Saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment